Develop the program evaluation and review technique (PERT) and critical path method (CPM) for this K
Develop the program evaluation and review technique (PERT) and critical path method (CPM) for this Key Assignment acquisition project, and include copies of those charts in this section.
Select a project that fits these requirements, and submit your proposal to your instructor before proceeding further with the assignments in the course. Approval should be sought within the first few days of the course.
Your first task in this process will be to select a project to use as the basis of your Key Assignment.
The project deliverables are the following:
Table of Contents (TOC)
Use an auto generated TOC.
This should be on a separate page.
This should be a maximum of 3 levels deep.
Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so that it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
Section headings (create each heading on a new page with “TBD” as the content, except for sections listed under “New Content” below)
Cost, Schedule, and Technical Performance Management
Management of Small Projects
Acquisition Project Guidelines
- Project Outline
- Give a brief description of the project.
- Discuss the overall project deliverable.
- The material can be taken from approved proposal submitted to instructor, and this will serve as the draft for the proposal.
- Be sure this project is approved by the instructor.
- Cost, Schedule, and Technical Performance
- Discuss cost techniques both in determining initial estimates and in monitoring and controlling them throughout the life of the project.
- Determine the project schedule for the acquisition component of the overall project and include a copy of it.
- Develop the program evaluation and review technique (PERT) and critical path method (CPM) for this Key Assignment acquisition project, and include copies of those charts in this section.
- Describe all of the key schedule influencers that can impact a schedule positively or negatively and how you would handle them
- Management of Small Projects
- Develop your small acquisition project schedule using MS Project (tasks, predecessors, duration, and resources assigned).
- Copy a screen print of the schedule and Gantt chart into this shell.
- Copy a screen print of the critical path network diagram, or of the Gantt screen of the Tracking Gantt view showing the critical path into this shell.
- Describe the specific processes that you will use within each of the 5 Project Management Institute (PMI®) process groups: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling and closing.
- Acquisition Project Guidelines
- Update the project plan and Gantt Chart with acquisition project activities with MS Project, and copy it into this section.
- Develop a request for proposal (RFP) template for the acquisition project with the elements discussed in the Discussion Board for this week.
- Develop a table with the vendor evaluation criteria.
- Diagram and describe the vendor status update process.