This is a two-part assignment.
The first part is on Operations, Technology, and Management plans.
The second part is on Ethics plan.
Here is the breakdown:
1. Operations plan: 1 â€“ 2 pages
2. Technology plan: 1 â€“ 2 pages
3. Management plan: 1 â€“ 2 pages
4. Ethics plan: 3 â€“ 5 pages
5. Business plan: 15 â€“ 20 pages (I already completed this by copying and pasting from previous assignments, but I need to add 2 more pages)
Please let me know if there is anything that you’d like me to upload.
Assignment requirements begin here.
For this assignment, you will use the “NAB Company Portfolio” (attached) to consider the operations, technology, management, and organization for your company.
Write a three to six (3-6) page paper in which you provide the following information below.
Operations Plan (1 â€“ 2 pages)
Note: Remember to assign a dollar amount to each operational cost you find, as you will need these figures for your income statement and cash flow in Week 8.
- Create an operations plan for your NAB company using the template in the text as a guide (p. 214 | Operations Plan Preparation Form – Click here for help accessing a specific page number in your eBook). Extract appropriate information from the NAB Company portfolio, where applicable. Other required items in the template should be filled in using your personal preferences.
- Provide a rationale for the competitive advantages section using appropriate functional-level and business-level strategies to explain the competitive advantages.
- Note: Much of the research pertaining to the hints provided here can be found in the NAB company portfolio.
- Hints: Consider whether you will rent or buy your facilities or outsource production to an existing company.
- Hints: One of your biggest expenses as a startup non-alcoholic beverage company will be transitioning from a small batch prototype of your beverage to production on a large scale. Research the equipment you will need (vats, refrigerators, burners, ovens, bottling equipment, and so on), whether you will rent or buy, how you will maintain and clean it, and so forth. Consider how you will ensure quality control. What capacity do you intend to reach?
- Hints: Deliberate your inventory control. Where do your supplies come from and what is your turnaround time to produce your beverage once you have received an order?
- Hints: Consider your distribution method. Refer back to your notes for the SWOT analysis assignment in Week 2 of class.
- Hints: How will you stay abreast of new developments in your industry? What new products do you have in development now, in addition to your flagship product?
- Describe your research and development activities and explain how they will contribute to the company.
Technology Plan (1 â€“ 2 pages)
- Create a technology plan for your NAB company using the template in the text as a guide (p. 227 | Technology Plan Preparation Form ). Extract appropriate information from the NAB Company portfolio, where applicable. Other required items in the template should be filled in using your personal preferences.
- Provide a rationale for the personnel needs section by incorporating appropriate functional-level strategies.
- Hints: Consider the type of technology your company will use to conduct the following activities: manage personnel; take, fulfill, and track orders; manage inventory; communicate with customers and provide customer service; and produce your beverage.
Management & Organization (1 â€“ 2 pages)
- Create a management plan for your NAB company using the template in the text as a guide (p. 248 | Management Plan Preparation Form ). Extract appropriate information from the NAB Company portfolio, where applicable. Other required items in the template should be filled in using your personal preferences.
- Using the flow charts on p. 242 as a guide, outline your companyâ€™s management hierarchy. Note: Charts or diagrams must be imported / included in the MS Word document.
- Provide a rationale for the management structure and style section by incorporating appropriate functional-level strategies.
Write an approximately fifteen to twenty (15-20) page draft of your business plan in which you:
- Revise the components of the following previously submitted sections based on the feedback you have received.
- Company Description (Assignment 1)
- Industry Analysis and Trends (Assignment 1)
- Strategic Position & Risk Assessment (Assignment 1)
- Target Market (Assignment 2)
- Competition (Assignment 2)
- Marketing Plan & Sales Strategy (Assignment 2)
- Create an Ethics & Social Responsibility Plan.
Note: The Ethics & Social Responsibility plan should account for approximately three to five (3-5) pages of the Business Plan Draft.
- Describe the ways in which your company is committed to being a good corporate citizen.
- Hints: Consider the following areas:
- Creating jobs
- Following the laws of every jurisdiction in which your company operates
- Fair and honest treatment of employees
- Non-discrimination of employees and increasing diversity of your work force
- Hints: If your company is designed as a social ventureâ€”in which you have a primary purpose of achieving a social or environmental goalâ€”describe what that goal is and what aspects of your company are designed to reach that goal. Provide a rationale for why you have or why you have not chosen this to be a social venture.
- Hints: Consider the following areas:
- Discuss how your companyâ€™s activities will affect the environment and identify the steps you will take to mitigate any negative impacts.
- Hints: As a beverage company, consider such issues as your choice of packaging, disposal of bottles / packages by consumers, and your use of resources, such as water in areas where water may be scarce.
- Determine any health issues / claims related to the product you are making, whether negative or positive. Suggest the strategy your company will use to mitigate any negative issues, and to ensure any positive claims are true.
- Many beverage products have negative health impacts on certain segments of a population (e.g., children, pregnant mothers, etc.). Suggest your companyâ€™s plan, through advertising, distribution, and / or other methods, to target and reach only appropriate market segments.