7 Vocabulary Words
- The term programming covers both the process and product of writing computer code. It is the logic and calculations that create the step by step process for getting the computer to do something.
- The logic you create is how you tell the computer to do or not do something based on certain conditions.
- You create calculations to use data you know to figure out what you want to know. They can be mathematical or other types of manipulations.
- The programming languages we use to create code are a lot like human languages. They are different ways of saying the same thing: logic and calculations
- All programming code is lines of text that tell the computer step by step what to do.
- An algorithm is a determined process that leads you (or more to the point a computer) from a beginning point to defined end.
- In the algorithms that we discussed, loops are really important. They keep the system from stopping until you decide to stop it.
By now you should be pretty familiar with the vocab words of this module. So, you should be able to use them properly and creatively
- Read over the vocabulary words one more time
- Compose and type in a story that shows you really understand each of the words
- Be creative but be sure what you type shows you understand (not just can type) the words
- Use all the vocabulary words
- Type them exactly as they are typed above (same pluralization, capitalization, tense, etc.)
- Use all the words
- Make sure you use the words in a way that really shows you understand them
Story should include a protagonist.