What is Hanna’s presenting problem? How has this kept her from focusing on her treatment?, assignment help
This Assignment is in two parts, the first is to use the S.M.A.R.T. goals that you wrote in Discussion as the basis for a hypothetical case plan for Hanna Use the Sample Service Plan found below to create a short service plan using her presenting problem and the goals to remove her barriers to treatment. Remember to base the goals on her strengths. Then, do some research to find at least three agencies in your local area that could provide these services. My area is New York.
In the second part of this Assignment, write a 1,000-word APA formatted paper that answers the questions below. Remember to base your responses on the service plan that you created in the first portion of the Assignment. When you are finished, add your paper to the service plan and submit it as one Assignment.
In your paper, respond to these questions:
- What is Hanna’s presenting problem? How has this kept her from focusing on her treatment?
- Describe Hanna’s barriers to treatment and how those could be prevented or minimized.
- Explain the short, mid, and long-term goals that you proposed and tell how they help Hanna build self-sufficiency skills.
- Predict Hanna’s success by explaining her strengths. How did you use her strengths in the development of the service goals?
Hanna is in treatment at your mental health center for Acute Stress Disorder. She tells you that recently, she is unable to think clearly at night because she begins to feel anxious that her oldest son will not return safely from his military deployment. She adds that her boss has given her two extra shifts a week at her call center job. It is overwhelming during those shifts the client reports because they are the heaviest call times. Client stated that she is in line for a promotion, so does not want to refuse the shifts. Client then reported that she has not been eating or sleeping well because she has to drink wine to get to sleep at night. Client stated that she thinks that she needs to drink to get to sleep now. When asked about her children, client stated that she and her husband have custody of them, but her youngest daughter is causing a lot of trouble in school. She thinks that the daughter might have a mental health or learning disability issue but is unsure. The client mentions that her husband might contact the school because he is really good with working with the children on their homework at night. Before leaving the session, the client reported that her stomach has been hurting for the past week and she can barely move sometimes because of the cramps.
Hanna’s Immediate Needs
- Relieve her physical pain.
- Reduce and learn to cope with her stress.
- Get on a healthy sleep pattern.
- Start eating a healthy diet.
- Obtaining a screening for an alcohol dependency problem.
- Psychological evaluation
Each paper should include:
- A title page
- The paper body of the paper
- Use standard margins: 1″ on all sides.
- Use standard 12-point font size, Times New Roman or Arial.
- Use standard double-spacing: average of 22 lines per page, and between 20 and 24 lines per page.
- Use left-aligned text. Do not right-justify.
- A reference page