Week 10 Assignment 5: Project Closeout
Assignment 5: Project Closeout
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Imagine that you have completed the same project discussed in Assignment 4. You exceeded the project budget, but you were able to complete the project within 15% of its scheduled completion date. Now, the management has requested a project review of your project.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the closeout process for your project. Next, determine the main challenges that you would encounter during the project closeout process, and provide your strategy to address the challenges in question.
- Select one (1) tool, other than MS Project, that you could use in order to manage project costs and scheduling. Next, speculate on the overall different project management strategy that you would apply based on the tool that you have selected. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Analyze whether or not continuous process improvements would have helped the delivery of your project. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Speculate on whether or not using risk management techniques would have affected the delivery of your project. Provide at least two (2) examples of using risk management techniques that would have helped the delivery of your project to support your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze quality assurance processes in project management.
- Evaluate systems for cost tracking and budget monitoring.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in project estimating and budgeting.
- Write clearly and concisely about project estimating and budgeting using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.