Students will then complete a 2 pages excluding cover page and reference. self-reflection paper. See the appendix for detailed instructions and rubric. This assignment will be due Saturday, August 5th.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and Additional Learning Outcomes:
Faculty systematically assesses each student’s progress by examining a combination of knowledge and skills. Key performance indicators are course tasks, activities, or assignments selected by faculty to assess student learning in core content areas of the counseling curriculum. Key Performance Indicators are measured multiple times and at different points in time during the student’s master’s program.
This course has been identified as partially fulfilling one of the eight core content areas of the counseling curriculum, Counseling and Helping Relationships. The following content area objectives are addressed within this course via the designated Key Performance Indicator task described below.
1. Develop and utilize basic communication and helping skills (attending, listening, reflection, rapport building) as well as begin the formulation of treatment plans.
2. Acquire an understanding of essential interviewing and counseling skills, as well as elements of a therapeutic alliance. [2. F. 5. g.]
3. Describe the counselor characteristics and behaviors that influence the helping process including age, gender, ethnic differences as well as verbal and non-verbal behaviors in addition to self-awareness of professional limitations and referral processes. [2. F. 5. f]
4. Implement counseling skills that facilitate self-exploration and problem solving.
5. Demonstrate ethically and culturally relevant strategies for developing helping relationships while understanding the help-seeking behaviors of diverse clients. [2. F. 5. d.]
- Demonstrate active listening, attending, empathy, respect, self-awareness, sensitivity to others and the skills required to relate to diverse individuals and groups.