100% Non-Plagiarism- ANTI PLAGIARISM SOFTWARE.
In this assignment, you will take a retrospective look at your life history. First, choose an area of the brain and explain what it does, as well as how it would impact an activity from your daily life. Then, analyze the roles of nature and nurture in shaping the person you are today. Next, describe the influences of culture, environment, and biology on your gender-role behavior. Subsequently, discuss possible sources of inaccuracy and bias in any retrospective analysis. Finally, discuss the reasons why systematic scientific studies are considered more valuable than individual accounts
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
Section 1 (1-2 paragraphs):
- Choose one of the following areas of your brain and explain what it does:
- Reticular formation
- Brain stem (pons and medulla)
- Limbic system
- One of the four lobes of the cerebral cortex
- Explain how the area you described contributes to a specific activity from your everyday life. (Example: During horseback riding, the cerebellum integrates information from the motor systems and balance system.)
Section 2 (1-2 paragraphs):
All of us have been shaped by both nature (biology) and nurture (environment), making us the persons we are today. In most cases, it is difficult to completely disentangle the separate effects of nature vs. nurture with much certainty. However, we can make some educated guesses based on our knowledge of familial tendencies that we may have inherited, as well as knowledge of our environment and experiences. In this section, we ask for you to make some educated guesses about the roles of nature and nurture in your life.
- Describe the role of nature (biology) in shaping what kind of person you are today. Provide a specific example of the role of nature.
- Describe the role of nurture (environment) in shaping what kind of person you are today. Provide a specific example of the role of nurture.
Section 3 (1-2 paragraphs):
- Describe the influences of culture, your environment, and biology on your gender role behavior.
- Use specific examples from your own life to explain your answers.
Section 4 (1-2 paragraphs):
- Discuss the fallibility of memory in terms of bias and inaccuracy when you reflect on your past.
- Identify specific memory biases that could affect how you remember your past. Include factors related to cognition.
- Use specific examples from your own life.
Section 5 (1 paragraph):
- Describe why the science of psychology places more emphasis on results based on scientific studies than it does on personal experiences and anecdotes.