To prepare for this assignment:
- Review Chapter 5 in your course text, Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences. Pay particular attention to the definitions of validity and reliability, the various types of validity and reliability, and how measures of each are reported.
- Choose an area of forensic psychology which you find interesting.
- Using the Walden Library, select and review a research study/article that relates to this area and that also addresses validity and reliability.
- Consider whether the validity and reliability, as reported in the research article you selected, are accurate or suspect and why.
The assignment (1–3 pages):
- Briefly describe the research study you selected.
- Explain the type(s) of validity and reliability relevant to this study.
- Explain whether you think the validity and reliability, as reported in the article, are accurate or suspect and why.
- Explain what difference validity and reliability make in the study you selected and why.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources notincluded in the Learning Resources for this course.