This assignment consists of two (2) sections: an infrastructure document and a revised Gantt chart or project plan. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
The last section of the project plan will present the infrastructure in accordance with the parameters set forth at the outset of the project. The network solution that is chosen should support the conceived information system and allow for scalability. The network infrastructure will support organizational operations; therefore, a pictorial view of workstations, servers, routers, bridges, gateways, and access points should be used. In addition, access paths for Internet access should be depicted. A narrative should be included to explain all the nodes of the network and the rationale for the design. Lastly, using the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) Triangle, define the organizational security policy. CIA is a widely used benchmark for evaluation of information systems security.
Section 1: Infrastructure Document
1. Write a five to ten (5-10) page infrastructure document in which you:
a. Design a logical and physical topographical layout of the planned network through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
b. Illustrate the possible placement of servers including access paths to the Internet and firewalls. Note: Facility limitations, workstations, printers, routers, switches, bridges and access points should be considered in the illustration.
c. Explain the rationale for the logical and physical topographical layout of the planned network.
d. Create a comprehensive security policy for the company that will:
i. Protect the company infrastructure and assets by applying the principals of CIA. Note: CIA is a widely used benchmark for evaluation of information systems security, focusing on the three core goals of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
ii. Address ethical aspects related to employee behavior, contractors, password usage, and access to networked resources and information.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in MS Visio or Dia as an appendix of the infrastructure document. All references to these diagrams must be included in the body of the infrastructure document.
Section 2: Revised Gantt Chart / Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project or an open source alternative, such as Open Project, to:
2. Update the Gantt chart or project plan (summary and detail) template, from Project Deliverable 3: Database and Programming Design, with all the project tasks.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of existing and emerging information technologies and strategic impact on organizational operations.
- Evaluate the issues and challenges associated with information technology integration.
- Evaluate the ethical concerns that information technology solve or present in a global context.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic issues and practices in the information technology domain using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.