PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS, VERY SPECIFIC. THIS IS A PAPER ON A PICOT QUESTION.
My PICOT question is: SKIN-SKIN CONTACT AFTER BIRTH TO PROMOTE NEWBORNS’ VITAL STABILIZATION
******** in discussion post I presented it as a question: Can skin to skin contact with mom and baby after birth versus blanket swaddling be ******************more effective in promoting newborns vital stabilization.
MY PICOT: P-population will be newborns
I-intervention will be skin to skin
C-comparison will be swaddle vs skin to skin
O-outcome will be measuring vitals stabilization
T-time frame will be a few hours after birth
Make sure to review and incorporate the feedback you received on your PICOT. If you have not received any feedback, then email me that PICOT for review and feedback before you begin this paper. **********MY FEEDBACK WAS: *******
************************** Outstanding, good specificity and practice oriented clinical inquiry.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY==============
This is a 3 to 5 page paper with APA formatting. This does not include the title and reference list page.
Like any other graduate level paper, begin your paper with an introductory paragraph. This paragraph should introduce your topic which is your clinical inquiry and clearly state the objective or purpose of your paper. Below you will see the bullet points from the assignment directions which are the purpose of your paper.
- Formulate the question.
- Using the COCHRANE database, research the question using the PICOT model and key words.
- Post your topic and a short summary of results for feedback from your instructor and peers by Day 5. ***( I did not get any feedback except the one above that states Outstanding, good specificity and practice oriented clinical
- Write a 3-5 page paper, reviewing evidence-based practice, as it relates to your practice question and integrate feedback from the instructor and/or peers.
- Include a MINIMUM OF THREE EVIDENCE-BASED REFERENCES.You may want to begin with a description of the clinical situation, foreground and background questions that are guiding or shaping your clinical inquiry. Follow this with a discussion of the PICOT format in general and then your PICOT specifically.Discuss the Cochrane Library, how you utilized it, the results you received, and what evidence you discovered.Discuss/describe some of the most relevant studies you found and how they relate to your inquiry.Finish with a summary paragraph to tie all the key elements of your paper together.You will need at least 3 peer-reviewed sources.
- I did use a reference Rutgers, S. G., & Meyers, S. (2015). Skin-to-skin contact. Journal of Alternative Medicine Research, 7(3), 185–191.
- Just make sure the references are NOT WIKIPEDIA OR INTERNET. THEY MUST BE FROM CINAHL OR EBP AND COCHRANE FOR PICOT.