Abstract and Position Paper on MANDATORY Vaccination of Children
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
MN507-5: Discuss the role of health policy and organizational structure on quality improvement within health care environments.
View the Assignment presentation.-ATTACHED Below click link
For this Assignment, Abstract and Position Paper, you will search for a scholarly journal to publish to. You will follow your selected journal’s guidelines for creating a position paper, except that your word count (for the body section of your paper, which excludes the abstract, title page, and references sections) will be 1200-1800 words. You will write an abstract for your paper as if it were going to be published. (The abstract is not the type of abstract you would submit in a paper but one you would write if submitting a paper for publication.) If your selected journal has guidelines for the abstract, follow those guidelines.
You must support your work with at least eight scholarly peer reviewed articles. Your literature review must evaluate quantitative and qualitative data from research articles. In addition, you must gather and analyze data and make a valid assumptions based on reasoning.
You must also link to the journal’s publishing guidelines, at the bottom of your paper. If there is no link, include a copy of the publishing guidelines in an Appendix to your paper.
You will write your position paper on your chosen policy change as if you were writing for your chosen journal. Your paper must include the following topics: ONLY Cover the BOLDED TOPICS thoroughly others can be briefly.
- Abstract per instructions
- Current situation necessitating the change
- The proposed policy change
- Agenda setting-THIS ONE
- A model or theory that can be used to bring about the change-THIS ONE
- Design strategies
- Implementation strategies
- Evaluation strategies
This Assignment presents a great opportunity for you to hone your writing skills and collaborate on working on an article for publication. You do not have to actually publish the article, but you may want to continue working with your group and your instructor to do so.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Home.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA format.