Integrating The Field Of Developmental Psychology: A Review Of The Literature
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the age group / developmental stage you selected in Week Two of the course. Remember, you must use this age group / developmental stage.
You will then review the Developmental Psychology literature examining findings for that age group / developmental stage in terms of the physical, emotional, cognitive, social dimensions, and how they impact development and can best be used to meet developmental needs. Additionally, create a summary of the developmental stage as viewed through the lens of one developmental theory we have studied across the course (Piaget’s Theory of Cognitive Development, Freud’s Psychosexual Theory, Erickson’s Psychosocial Theory, etc.).
In your paper,
- Examine the physical changes associated with the selected developmental stage.
- Examine the cognitive changes associated with the selected developmental stage.
- Examine the emotional changes associated with the selected developmental stage.
- Examine the social changes associated with the selected developmental stage.
- Evaluate the developmental changes and appraise the effects of the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social environments.
- Integrate developmental and environmental factors into an assessment of developmental needs.
- Create a summary of the developmental stage as viewed through the lens of a selected developmental theory.
- Propose solutions for areas not addressed by the theory.
- Analyze the ethical considerations for research and practice with the selected developmental stage.
The Integrating the Field of Developmental Psychology: A Review of the Literature
- Must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.