Case Study Ethical Legal Dilemma Advanced Practice Nursing, health and medicine homework help
Case Study Ethical Legal Dilemma Advanced Practice Nursing
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
MN506-1: Apply theoretical frameworks and concepts to ethical dilemmas in the advanced practice role.
PC 2.3: Demonstrate integrity through the application of relevant codes of conduct and social responsibility within one’s profession.
Please take a moment to watch this Assignment Introduction, or read the presentation transcript.
- Create an ethical legal decision-making dilemma involving an advanced practice nurse in the field of education, informatics, administration, or a nurse practitioner. Apply relevant codes of conduct that apply to the practice of nursing and your chosen field.
- Include one ethical principle and one law that could be violated and whether the violation would constitute a civil or criminal act based on facts.
- Construct a decision that demonstrates integrity and that would prevent violation of the ethical principle and prevent the law from being violated.
- Describe the legal principles and laws that apply to the ethical dilemma.
- Support the legal issues with prior legal cases or state or federal statutes.
- Analyze the differences between ethical and legal reasoning and apply an ethical-legal reasoning model in the case study to create a basis for a solution to the ethical-legal dilemma.
- List three recommendations that will resolve advanced practice nurses’ moral distress in the dilemma you have presented.
- Based on the issue you presented and the rules of the law, apply the laws to your case and come up with a conclusion.
- This is a fact-based Assignment that will not include your opinion.
- This will require research and support for what is written.
- The Assignment should be in your words after reading the scholarly and fact-based publications and have proper citations. There should be no quotations. The professor wants to hear your voice as a masters trained nurse.
In the Unit 2 topic 1 Discussion, you will choose an ethical-legal dilemma that would cause the advanced practice nurse moral distress. You will write the introductory paragraphs for the Unit 4 Assignment in the Unit 2 topic 1 Discussion Board and post it for your peers to comment on.
You will continue working on the topic you have chosen and submit the paper using the most recent version of APA format. A template is provided of the course room for the paper. The paper should have a minimum of seven citations and some of these should be case law or applicable statutes. The Kaplan Library has Westlaw Campus Research database where you can find case laws that relate to your topic. The APA Manual and the textbook have instructions on legal formatting.
IMPORTANT TO MAKE THIS ASSIGNMENT
In an attempt to help you understand how to create the proper headings for your Unit 4 paper, I am providing you with the headings I want you to use. This is a huge calss and it would be very challenging to try to determine if you discussed each of the criteria in the directions.rubric if you are not using proper headings. You need to go to the rubric and read each criteria and compare the criteria to the headings below so that you can begin to learn how to create them appropriately.
The title is the first heading; it is centered and not bolded; the remaining headings are centered and bolded. I do not want you to use second or third level headings for the assignments in this course.
Ethical Principle and Law
Preventing Violation of Principle/Law
Ethical Principles and Laws
Legal Principles and Law
Ethical and Legal Reasoning
ALSO REMEMBER THAT IN THE UNIT 2 YOU CHOOSE AS ETHICAL DILEMA( SEE ATTACHMENT)