Assignment 2: Importance Of Feedback Presentation
Assignment 2: Importance of Feedback Presentation
Designing a performance management system is only part of the process. The next step is implementation. Communication is an essential step in this process as without feedback, employees and managers are unable to take action on any of the information resulting from a performance appraisal. Feedback must be provided in a timely, appropriate manner in order to be effective and productive. For this assignment, you are to design a communication training presentation of approximately 15 minutes for managers at a client organization. You will educate managers on the importance of quality feedback.
- Discuss the importance of communication in the performance appraisal process.
- Describe two examples of poor communication as it relates to the appraisal process (written or multimedia).
- Describe two examples of quality communication as it relates to the appraisal process (written or multimedia).
- Recommend at least five communication strategies for the feedback process. Describe and provide examples of how to apply each.
Your final product will be a 10- to 15-minute presentation (using Microsoft PowerPoint Show, Prezi, PowToon, or other presentation software and including audio). Utilize at least two scholarly sources in your research. Your presentation should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Presentation Software
Helpful Recommended Presentation Tutorial Resources:
- Office. (2010). Record and add narration and timings to a slide show. Retrieved from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint help/record-and-add-narration-and-timings-to-a-slide-show-HA010338313.aspx
- Office. (2013). Record and add narration and timings to a slide show. Retrieved from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint help/record-and-add-narration-and-timings-to-a-slide-show-HA102749693.aspx
- PowToon. (2013). Tutorials page. Retrieved from http://www.powtoon.com/tutorials/
- Prezi. (2013). Learn & support: Get started with Prezi. Retrieved from https://prezi.com/support/