Financing Government Operations
Focus of the Final Paper
Utilizing a public policy of your choice from the local government (Seminole County Florida) where you reside, complete the following:
- Analyze that local governmentâ€™s revenues and possible funding options for the chosen public policy.
Additionally, utilizing the local governmentâ€™s annual budgeting documents and any other pertinent documents, incorporate the following into your paper:
- Describe restrictions that are (or could be) placed on those revenues.
- Evaluate how public policy decisions affect the receipt of revenues.
- Analyze the economic conditions that affect revenue projections.
- Recommend a revenue policy that aligns with community values.
The Final Paper should focus on real-life, real-time applications of topics covered in this course, including the uses you have seen and the uses you can envision.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be 12 to 15 double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style. Any exhibits or appendices are also not counted in the paper length.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style, which lists the scholarly sources you relied upon in constructing your paper.